From everyone here at Schiff’s, we wish you a Happy Easter! Stock up on all your Easter essentials now, like kolachi, kielbasi, horseradish, egg dye, delicious hams, and much more!
We will be closed on Sunday April 20th to allow our employees time to spend with their families. We wish you a happy and healthy holiday!
March Madness has hit Schiff’s!
Stop by now through April 3rd and enter our March Madness giveaway! One lucky winner will win an arcade-style basketball hoop built for two-person play. This game has a retail value of $200!
One winner will be randomly drawn from all entries received on Friday, April 4th. Good luck!
Be sure to stop by Wednesday, March 5th (Ash Wednesday) and every Friday through Lent for Schiff’s Fish & Chips!
Tender, flaky fried fish, golden crisp French fries, and a generous portion of Schiff’s own homemade coleslaw will be ready for a quick and delicious Lenten meal. These platters are available during select hours, so stop by early to secure yours!
Not a fish fan? We have a wide variety of other tasty meatless options available! Check our website or stop by our homestyle deli for more information.
Posted in Dinner, Limited Time, Seafood
Tagged Ash wednesday, fish and chips, fried fish, Grocery Store, hot food, Lent, Meatless, Schiff's, Schiff's Cash and Carry, Schiff's Deli, Schiff's Scranton
This year the season of Lent begins Wednesday, March 5th. During this time, meatless meal options become more important than ever. With busy schedules, school activities, and work, it’s more critical to have options available that fit your lifestyle. Take advantage of Schiff’s Homestyle Deli and our selection of items that are sure to please a crowd of any size. Our meatless meal options are quick, delicious, and made fresh daily. Don’t forget you can call ahead and place an order to be ready whenever you are!
We’re always adding more items so stop by often to see what we have!
Posted in Dinner, Holidays, Soup
Tagged Deli Items, Dickson City, Dinnertime, Grocery Store, Lent 2014, Lenten Meals, Meatless, Schiff's, Schiff's Deli, Scranton
Treat your special someone to a truly delicious gift: Schiff’s Famous Homemade Fudge!
Our fudge is handmade in small batches right here in our store. We use nothing but the freshest products available, including real cream and butter that make it the richest, creamiest confection around! At least TEN flavors are available daily, including sugar-free versions as well as special limited-edition flavors. This month’s feature is Amaretto Chocolate.
Available by the pound or in pre-made packages, this fudge is sure to be a hit with any person on your Valentine’s Day list! Stop by the Customer Service booth to pick up yours today!
Posted in Desserts, Gifts, Holidays, Limited Time
Tagged Fresh Fudge, Fudge, Hand made, Homemade, Schiff's, Scranton, Valentines Day, Valentines gifts
Whether you’re rooting for the Seahawks or the Broncos, we can help tackle your hunger! Superbowl is February 2nd and Schiff’s deli is gearing up for all the delicious, high-quality foods for any sized party.
Pick up our delicious hot wings, freshly made pizzas, fried chicken, strombolis, hot and cold entrees, and an assortment of rolls & breads. Take advantage of calling ahead and save time! We also have a variety of party trays available to order- made fresh and to-order with our own top-quality meats and freshly sliced cheeses. We also have shrimp, steaks, ribs, sausages, kielbasi, and freshly made dips.
While you’re here, pick up all the non-food essentials, too – plates, cutlery, chafing racks, cups, and more.
To place an order, give us a call at 570.343.1294!
Posted in Holidays, Kielbasa, Meat, Pizza, Side Dishes
Tagged delicious, football, kielbasi, party food, party platters, party trays, Schiff's, Schiff's Deli, Scranton, snacks, superbowl, superbowl 2014
With prices rising everywhere you look, it’s time to get serious about saving money. Make a resolution that’ll stick – spend less, get more at Schiff’s!
Not sure where to start? Here are some tips:
- Plan meals and snacks ahead - By planning ahead of time, you can purchase only the items you need, saving money and giving you time to take advantage of sales and coupons. You can take advantage of our online deli menu to figure out what’s on the menu each day. Our weekly flyer is online to help you plan your shopping lists out 24/7.
- Get creative with leftovers - Lots of meals can come from leftovers. Adding staples like pasta/noodles, rice, potatoes, or vegetables can turn dull into delicious! With our great everyday prices, you can feel comfortable buying these pantry items to help stretch your food budget and make mealtime healthy and nutritious.
- Shop in-season produce – In-season fruits and vegetables are plentiful and close to stores, making them much less expensive than other times of the year. This is why you find deals on asparagus in the spring and berries in the summer. Our produce buyers bring in local produce whenever possible and are always on the lookout for great deals!
- Buy what you’re going to use – Every time you throw away stale/spoiled/rotten food, you throw money away. Check expiration dates when you buy food and get the latest date possible so you have longer to use the food. Freeze what you can before it loses it’s freshness. Meat lasts in a freezer for months – take advantage of our butchers on duty every day to custom-cut your order for free.
- Buy in bulk! – Buy big to save big. Non-perishable staples like toilet paper or plastic bags in larger quantities help you save money. By cutting down on packaging, these products cost less per unit and stick around your household longer (saving you from unnecessary trips to the store).
Posted in Dinner, Sales, Savings
Tagged 2014, budget, Dinner, Mealtime, new years resolution, resolution, Savings, Schiff's, Schiff's Cash and Carry, Scranton